Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Season of Change by Lynette Sowell

A Season of Change, Seasons in Pinecraft Series #1   -     By: Lynette Sowell
I'm an avid reader of Amish fiction books. I have read about many different Amish communities in these books. Some are real, some are fiction.  I liked Pinecraft, which is a community in Sarasota, Florida.  It is a place where many Amish vacation.  Things are not done the same way in Pinecraft as it is in other communities.  In some ways, they have to work harder to keep the "worldliness" out because of all the tourists.  Add a beach and you have lots of temptations.

Jacob and Natalie were meant to be together. I found it neat that Natalie was able to locate her family and be a part of them in a small way. I didn't want Jacob to like any of the other girls.  However, I did feel bad for Betsy.  I'm wondering if her story will be told the next book.

My favorite person would have to be Rachel.  She was such a voice of reason and loving.  She was an encouragement and didn't seem like she believed in the legalism aspect.  I was glad she didn't leave Pinecraft and decided to stay there despite the trials and lack of family that were there.

This scene was different not only because of it being Pinecraft, but also because Natalie has worked with the circus. She enjoys performing using the silks and does it very elegantly.

I enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next book in the Seasons of Pinecraft series.

Read more reviews at http://litfusegroup.com/author/lsowell.
_______________
A Season of Change
by Lynette Sowell   
Abingdon Press
Amish Fiction

In the first novel in Lynette Sowell's new Seasons in Pinecraft series, readers are introduced to retired circus performer Natalie Bennett as she searches for the dream of her heart: a family of her own. 

Amish widower Jacob Miller believes it was a mistake to visit the Amish village of Pinecraft for winter vacation, especially after his daughter is struck by a car. Stranded in Sarasota until his daughter recovers, Jacob grows increasingly wary of events that unfold in his unfamiliar surroundings---including the strange curiosity of Englischer Natalie Bennett.
Natalie never thought her circus career as an aerial silks artist would end with a blown-out knee at the age of 25. She also never knew her late mother had a secret---that she was once Amish.
When Natalie meets the Millers at the Sarasota hospital, she is attracted to their warm hospitality and simple ways---and soon wonders if they can help her find her mother's family. As Jacob and Natalie fall in love, their worlds collide. Will their differences tear them apart? Or will their love be strong enough to blend their clashing cultures?

 

 Meet the Author 
Lynette Sowell was born in western Massachusetts in the shadow of the Berkshire Mountains, raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and now makes her home on the doorstep of the Texas hill country. The award-winning author of more than fifteen titles, Lynette loves reading, cooking, watching movies, and is always up for a Texas road trip. When not writing fiction, she works in medical transcription and is a freelance writer and columnist for her local newspaper.

Learn more about Lynette at: http://lynettesowell.blogspot.com
_______________
I received this book free from Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


1 comments:

Lynette Sowell said...

Thank you, Megan! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Yes, Betsy gets her turn in book 2!

Post a Comment