
The cover of this book is beautiful. I like the picture and the elegant writing on the cover. The light, contrasting colors are beautiful and eye-catching.
Pelican Bride is the first book in the Gulf Coast Chronicles series and it's a great start. Beth White is a new author to me, but I really enjoyed this story. I will definitely be reading the rest of the books in this series. She kept my attention and I really liked the history found in this book.
Geneviève Gallatin and her sister made some choices so that they would finally be free of religious persecution. They were willing to give up their land (which wasn't horribly hard to do because of the persecution) and their comfort and personal wills. They planned to marry men they didn't know so that they could start fresh new lives and worship freely. The escape from their homeland was intense and full of suspense. I was anxiously awaiting them to be free of the horrid king.
Of course, a lot of things go wrong when they get to their new homes. Geneviève has a lot of looking out to do for her little sister that has so much to learn. There are false charges, mistakes, and choices made on their journey to a new life.
_______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment