Monday, May 5, 2014

Fair Play by Deeanne Gist

Fair Play    -     By: Deeanne Gist
I have thoroughly enjoyed every book I have ever read by Deeanne Gist, which I think I have read them all.  I was wrapped up in the Chicago World's Fair and the year of  1893.  I felt like I was experiencing the fair myself. 

I enjoyed the complete story but I really appreciated how much history filled this fictional story.  I felt like there was so much in this book and it and it had a perfect balance of fiction and history. I liked how Billy, the woman doctor... which wasn't popular at this time... and Hunter, the ranger, got past all of their frustrations and worked together with a share passion.

They saw what was happening with young children, thanks to an infant being abandoned. As they were trying to find a place for this baby, their eyes were opened to the crimes being committed by young children.  They were determined to figure how they could help change the lives of these children who were left in such hopeless situations.

On a side note, I really like the cover of this book.  I think it is beautiful, with the Ferris Wheel in the background and the beautiful lake.  I'm looking forward to what Deanne Gist will write next!
__________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment