Thursday, May 15, 2014

Somebody Like You by Beth K. Vogt

Somebody Like You    -     By: Beth Vogt
Haley Ames has had her life turned upside down.  What should have been a wonderful, exciting time in her life as she welcomes a baby into her life has turned into something heartbreaking.  Haley's husband has died and she is left with "what would have been."

Haley's husband, Sam, is a twin.  His brother, Stephen, has entered into Haley's life and now Haley has a stream of conflicting emotions.  All types of things run through her head as she meets Sam. 

Beth K. Vogt was able to put some surprise elements into a book that is very emotional.  It was hard to not cry over the death of Sam and it was hard not to laugh over how Haley meets Sam's brother.  I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster as I considered how I might feel if I met someone who looked just like my husband.  Then to have a child and wrestle with liking Stephen so soon after her husband has gone would be so much.

I liked this book and how beautiful of a story it was.  It wasn't a feel-good romance novel because of the loss, but it was a beautiful story of grace and mercy.
____________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment