Thursday, May 15, 2014

Love Comes Calling by Siri Mitchell

Love Comes Calling  -     By: Siri Mitchell
A friend of mine first introduced me to Siri Mitchell and I think I've read every book by her since then.  One day, I'll go back and read all of her earlier books.  I am always sucked into her books from the very first paragraph.  This book was no exception.

Ellis is a girl that was definitely fun to read about her thoughts and her train of thought.  I could see how her parents and teachers, and probably friends, could be exasperated with her.  Knowing her thoughts made Griffin Phillips really seem like a prince after all that he overlooked.

I had many favorite scenes, but I loved the lengths she went to in order to avoid Griffin.  I laughed out loud at many of her escapes.  I did feel bad for her because she felt like everything she did turned out wrong and that she wasn't pleasing anyone.

I can't imagine being thrown into the role of a telephone operator and being expected to know it all with only a few minutes training. That's another part I found funny, as well! 

Ellis is one of those girls that would drive me crazy, but that I couldn't help but love.  Her thought and attention are so scattered!  It was very clear that she had ADHD and no one knew what to do with her!  I found the Prohibition part interesting as well... as far as the poor being punished and at the rich being let of the hook.
_________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book

0 comments:

Post a Comment