Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fly a Little Higher by Laura Sobiech


I followed Zach's story through the blog that was kept for him. I even downloaded his music when it came out on iTunes and found myself singing "Clouds" in my head when I was going about my everyday activities.  That always led me to pray for Zach and this family. I watched the documentary and cried.  All of that to say that when I saw this book coming out, I marked the day down and anticipated reading Laura's story. Actually, it's Zach's story told by Laura, his mother.

Zach is a boy that any mother would be grateful to have as a son.  He is a teen who walked through a dark valley with joy and peace knowing that he was going to be with Jesus.  There was still grief, but there was also joy.

I cried through this story, as I knew I would.  My mother's heart kept hurting for Laura and her family.  I am amazed how they were able to marry their daughter off a week later and entered the same church they had just used for their son's funeral.  I can only imagine the war of emotions inside all of them. 

Zach was a talented young man.  I was grateful to use his song "Clouds" in one of music therapy sessions.  The kids really liked talking about it.  I know I will be using it often in more sessions.  Zach lived a full life in his short years.  His girlfriend is not to be forgotten, either.  She was there for him and loved him to the end, and he did her.

Zach's story will be told over and over and will not be forgotten.  Thank you, Laura, for sharing this beautiful story of your son with all of us who prayed for him from afar.
___________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment