Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Plain & Simple Heart by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith

A Plain and Simple Heart, Amish of Apple Grove Series #2
I have wanted to read this series since the first book in the series came out.  The cover of the first book made me want to read it.  I just couldn't put the Amish world with the western world and didn't know how that even came to pass.  However, time went by and I forgot about the book.  When I saw the second book in the series, I was reminded that this was on my to-read list. 
I love how this book looks and I love the storyline.  I never would have put these two very different worlds together, but it made for a great story.  Since I still haven't read the first book (I do own it now, though, and plan to read it), I was not attached to Jesse at all.  That probably made Colin very endearing to me and I really was hoping that Rebecca would not find Jesse and would like Colin instead.
I laughed at the predicament that Rebekah found herself in as she started her journey to find Jesse.  I loved her temper coming out, as well.  And though I didn't like the older ladies in the temperance movement, I began to like them and their quirky ways. 
I'm excited to go back and finish the first book now and read all about Emma and Luke and how Rebekah came to live in Apple Grove.  I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
__________________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment