Saturday, January 12, 2013

Spring Hope by Martha Rogers

Spring Hope, Seasons of the Heart Series #4
At times, this book was hard for me to read because I wanted to reach through the pages of this book and protect Libby and give her a much better life.  My heart broke in the beginning because I hated the life she had.  However, it turned into such a beautiful story of hope, which is exactly how I believe all of our lives turn out. 
 
At times, I found myself wanting Libby to tell someone but then I remember the time setting in which this book takes place.  Women weren't treated well during this time and it wasn't unusual at all for people to pretend that abuse didn't happen to women.
 
I like Cory from the beginning.  I loved how his love blooms for her and how he protects her and feels a need to watch out for her.  Libby has a lot of issues to work through, understandably, but I like how Rogers doesn't shy away from the tough emotions that abused women have.  Forgiveness isn't easy, but its a beautiful thing to watch the process.  That's exactly what you get to see in the pages of this book....someone learning to forgive who doesn't deserve forgiveness.
 
This book is the fourth book in the Seasons of the Heart series.  Having not read the first three books, I didn't feel like I was lost.  Rogers did a good job at making sure she gave enough information for her new readers.  I still want to read the other books, though!
__________
I received this book free from Charisma House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment