Monday, January 21, 2013

The Lesson by Suzanne Woods Fisher

The Lesson, Stoney Ridge Seasons Series #3
I have absolutely enjoyed this series.  I know the series has covered the entire Lapp girls but I would love for one more book in this series!  I have liked each girl, but Mary Kate (M.K.) Lapp has been my favorite.  She makes me laugh at the things that she does and says.  She is full of spunk and takes delight in her detective skills. 
I liked Chris from the beginning and I did cry at the end when it seemed as if his whole world was falling apart.  I was so mad at his mom and couldn't believe how she behaved to her own children.  I related to Amos in the fact that I wanted her to pay for all she had done. 
I thought it hilarious that M.K. had to fill in for Alice for a bit, and then permanently.  Of all occupations for M.K. to have!  I laughed so much during the first half of the book because of how her days kept getting worse.  I just loved the sense of humor that Suzanne Woods Fisher used in this book.
This series is great from book 1 to book 3.  How I hope that Fisher might consider writing another one in this series!
____________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.  For more reviews of this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/campaigns/thelesson.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Mommy T! Thanks so much for your glowing review about "The Lesson!" So glad you enjoyed the series, and especially M.K. She was one of my favorite characters to write...I found myself grinning as I typed! Grateful to you for being a part of the blog tour. Warmly, Suzanne

Post a Comment