
I am a big fan of the Sisterchicks series. I tell my friends that they make me feel like I've been on a vacation and been to certain places, when in reality, I haven't. Robin Jones Gunn is somehow able to transplant you to a totally different country using only her words!
I think everyone can relate to feeling like these characters at some point. I know many who feel useless and like God is done with them. That's what God likes most, I think, because then it gives Him room to work without us insisting on stepping in and taking control. This trip is where God draws these wonderful two women to Himself. They begin to see that their lives aren't over. It may be a new chapter with new things to see and do, but it's in no way over.
I couldn't help but laugh at many of the things the girls do or say. I love that Robin inserts "girly humor" into her books. I think that's part of what makes these books so much fun to read and gives you that easy, peaceful feeling that only a vacation can bring.
I not only recommend this book, but definitely recommend all of her books in this series!
______________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers through their Blogging for Books program in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment