Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Belonging by Robin Hatcher

I have seen Robin Hatcher's books in the bookstores and they always looked interesting but I never picked one up to read.  I'm not for sure why because I have a feeling that I have really been missing out on some really great reads.  I really liked everything about this book, from the cover to the storyline.

I had never really thought about what happened to orphans back in the 1800s.  The thought that they would just be put on a train to an unknown family and split up from brothers and sisters was so sad.  I couldn't even imagine what life would be like to be put in that place.  I was rooting for her to find her brother and sister.

I found Felicia to be a very likable person and she and Kathleen seemed to have such a beautiful friendship.  I really wanted Felicia and Colin to be together but I also wanted Kathleen to have someone special to take her out of their in-laws house.  That mother-in-law of hers is horrid and grumpy!  I liked that Felicia cared about her students and all that she helped Charity accomplish.

This is the first book in her new series, "Where the Heart Lives."  I am very much looking forward to reading the second book in this series.  I think I'm going to have to find all of her other books now!
_______________
I received this book free from Zondervan in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment