Monday, December 31, 2012

The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis

Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite Amish fiction authors.  Somehow she manages to get me loving her new characters more than I thought that I ever would.  I have been drawn into Hickory Hollow and it seems like such a quaint place to live and is one that is easily pictured in my mind.

Joanna Kurtz is an endearing character who has a love for writing fiction.  Her submissive spirit and her willingness to give up her love of writing was beautiful.  I'm not sure I could have done that!  I loved the story about her namesake and the quilt.  I was sad that Eben and Joanna couldn't get married and just couldn't really see how they could get together because of their location differences and family responsibilities.  I loved the ending, even though I was a little sad for Eben's family and what they had to give up.

This is the second book in the Home to Hickory Hollow series.  You don't have to have read the first book in the series in order to know the characters in this book.  It does use, as the main characters, one family from the first book.  I can't wait until April 2, 2013 when the third book, The Guardian, comes out!
____________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment