Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fight Your Way to a Better Marriage by Dr. Greg Smalley

I really enjoy reading marriage books and learning new ideas to implement into my marriage.  My husband and I don't fight a lot, but this book was full of tips that I found very insightful and helpful.  I have heard people tell others that if they have a lot of conflict in their marriage, then there's trouble.  This book debunks that truth. In fact, conflict is not only important, but it's going to happen.  We can choose how we are going to resolve the problems though and what attitude we will take in resolving it.

If I had to pick a favorite chapter, it would be the chapter called "Lies Written on Your Heart."  Satan loves to tell us lies in our marriages and it was encouraging to read a few that I know Satan has wanted me to believe.  Another great chapter was the L.U.V.E. Talk chapter.  It was so good to hear how we sometimes invalidate our spouses even if we don't mean to.

This is a book for both healthy marriages and those that are struggling.  It would also be a great gift or premarital counseling book, in my opinion.
___________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment