I was really thankful that this book came out just in time for the Christmas season. I love how she tells her readers to leave the credit card at home and just take the cash. We do that and it makes it so much easier knowing that it is paid for already and won't have after-Christmas bills to pay.
The chapter of the "The Gentle Art of Gift Giving" was extremely helpful because I seem to never know how to give a gift to people like babysitters, mail carriers, garbage men, etc. Another helpful chapter was the "Finding the Bargains" chapter that listed great sites for cheaper shoes, merchandise, electronics, books, clothes, etc. Since I tend to do more shopping online, I found these sites very helpful. I hadn't heard of some of them so I glad to learn of new sites.
This book is not only full of advice on not going in debt for Christmas presents and remembering why we are celebrating Christmas, but it also has present ideas for people in your workplace, family, and general ideas that would work for neighbors or anyone else you'd like to give a present to. She includes recipes if you want to do a kitchen gifts as well as gifts that you can fit in a jar. It has ways to dress your tree, hang your lights, entertaining, and how to spend time just enjoying your family.
With the rush of Christmas upon me, I found this book not only a help that I will be bringing out yearly, but also one that filled me with ideas and encouragement to know that yes, it's true...Christmas isn't about any present. It's not quantity. It's the thought. Thanks for another very helpful book and am looking forward to more of your advice that you are willing to share with us, your readers!
_____________________
_____________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment