Cindy Woodsmall is among the top in my favorite authors who write Amish fiction. She writes in such a way that is easy to read and I feel like she captures you into the Amish way of life. When I feel the need for simplicity in my hectic life, I like to escape in her pages and pretend life has slowed down a bit.
A Season for Tending is a book that has stayed true to the way Woodsmall writes. It's heart-wrenching to read about Emma's death and to to truly feel the guilt that Rhoda felt over the death of her sister. To watch her come to terms with that guilt and to weigh taking a risk that would make her start life in a new way is exciting. It's still difficult, as all of life is, but it's real and readers can relate to dealing with grief and guilt.
Woodsmall incorporates her dealings with an apple orchard in this book, which shows her passion and her knowledge about apple orchards. I felt as though I was learning about apple orchards as I was reading but in a subtle way.
This is the first book in her new series called the Amish Vines and Orchard Series. I am looking forward to the release of the second in the series!
__________________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers through their Blogging for Books program in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment