Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Invested Life by Joel Rosenberg &" Dr. T. E. Koshy

I have a huge heart for discipleship and I have noticed that is something that is so deeply missing in our culture today.  There have been several people who have been bringing discipleship to the forefront of the minds of Christians.  I am so thankful for that because that means that there are more resources to help guide even those younger in the faith who feel that they need some aid. 

I appreciate that both Rosenberg and Koshy don't take lightly the fact that we are to "make disciples as we go."  This is a book that is challenging, that is not comfortable to read (because who really likes going out of our comfort zones), and one that needs to be read by professing Christians everywhere.  In the time in which we live in, it is a must that we make disciples, and that means that our disciples can disciple someone else and it makes a chain.

I also like the name of this book.  Discipleship is about investing yourself in the life of others.  To be honest, that name of this book made me want to read it, along with the fact that I like all of the books by Rosenberg.  The title of this book was well thought out and I think it sums up the book perfectly and it sums up the Great Commission in three words.
_____________
I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.



0 comments:

Post a Comment