This particular book had me laughing in certain parts, such as the whole televised cake contest. I also liked the scene where the aunts are arguing over whose recipe to use for the contest and how they are both pulling the wool over Scarlett's head!
In the first book, I didn't really like Armando. He seemed prideful and arrogant to me. However, in this book, I found myself liking him and feeling sorry for him. I wanted him to be liked by someone! I was really surprised that I liked him because of how much I disliked him before.
The only thing that I started to dislike in the book was all of the mentions of Scarlett's weight. I know it's an issue in real-life but I started to feel like it might have been mentioned too much. By the end, I just wanted her to still struggle with it, but come to terms with it and either do something about it or love her body as it was.
I will say that I was dreaming of cake throughout this whole book. I couldn't stop thinking about it and how much fun decorating the cakes are!
Overall, this book was fun and light and quite enjoyable to read. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the Weddings by Design series. They are the perfect weekend relaxation books.
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment