Thursday, August 29, 2013

Whispers on the Dock by Evangeline Kelley

Whispers on the Dock, Postcards From Misty Harbor Series #3   -     
        By: Evangeline Kelley
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of these books in this series.  This is book 3 in the Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn series and it was a lot of fun to read.  I'm not for sure what it was about this book that made me hooked, but I was.  I had a hard time parting with this book when it was time for bed!
 
I liked the setting of the inn in Nantucket and all of the beautiful characters that were weaved throughout the story.  For some reason, I felt connected to them.  I honestly don't know why.  I liked the mystery surrounding Hannah's disappearance and the stories about the inn that were shared by a woman, Doris Waverly, who had lived at the inn as a kid (of course, it wasn't an inn then). 
 
The baking contest was another highlight in the book.  Sam has heard some not so good things about her competition, but she decides that she needs to befriend her competition.  She actually feels sorry for her because she's lonely.  I like how she didn't give in to her anger or let the gossip make the decision for her about someone else.  The closeness and support that the sisters showed towards Sam and each other was very heartwarming. 
 
I wouldn't say that you HAVE to read the first 2 books in the series in order to know what was going on, but it would definitely help.  I think it puts the 3rd book into perspective as you see answers to previous problems.
_____________
I received this book free from Guideposts and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment