Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Home for My Heart by Anne Mateer

A Home for My Heart  -     By: Anne Mateer
I think this is one of the prettiest book covers I have seen in a long time.  I love the little girl in this picture and the love that is so clearly depicted in it.  I have never read anything by Anne Mateer so I was excited to see what she produced in this book.

My heart was pulled as I read about Sadie and the orphanage.  My heart wanted to jump through the pages of this book and help out.  I felt so bad for Sadie as her dreams were realized and then were crushed.  I could feel her heart breaking as she realized that she had to choose between helping those she loved in the orphanage and the man that she wanted to marry.  I really liked Blaine and just couldn't bear the thought of her having to give him up.  It seemed cruel!  I knew Sadie would be willing to do that, though, because that was her personality.  I wasn't surprised by that or that her heart was at the orphanage.  I did like the ending, though.  That's all I'll say about that!

Viola was annoying!  I wanted to kick her off the pages of the book because she got on my nerves with her attitude.  Glad she was a fictional character!

I'm pleased by this book and am definitely going to be looking for the rest of her books.
_____________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment