
Wow. I think I could end my review with those words but I know that wouldn't suffice as an appropriate review. However, words seem to lack in giving this book a review because it is so good. I am amazed at this family and in awe of them. I want God to use me and my family like He has them.
When I first got this book, I thought it would be a comfortable read with heartwarming stories. It was not comfortable because I kept thinking about what I could do and how important love is and where do I fail to show love and act on it. It had heartwarming stories, but it was honest and real and eye-opening. Oh...and did I fail to mention that this family lives in and has set up their ministry to help save children with heart defects and to get them in for heart surgery.
They have experienced so much while living in Iraq. They have truly had their ups and downs but have trusted God's will for them continuously. I loved how Jeremy sums up the book in the end because I have honestly battled with those thoughts myself and while reading this book: "I would be so scared to do what they are doing and fear not just for my safety, but my children's." His answer is beautiful. He admits his fears and what he is afraid of, but says preemptive love is not about the absence of fear. We underestimate love sometimes.
I have read several books by people who have moved to other countries to do things similar to this and each time I finish the book, I can't stop recommending it to others because I can't forget their stories. This one will be highly recommended to friends, and in fact, already have.
_____________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment