The Courier of Caswell Hall is the fifth book in the American Tapestries series. I loved the prologue. It was a beautiful setup to the special relationships that Melanie Dobson would be introducing throughout the book.
The American Revolution is the backdrop to the setting of this book. I really enjoyed the details in this book that is full of history. The loyalty lines of the Caswell's became a little blurred throughout the war because of Lydia. Lydia has met Nathan, who has started to help her form some new ideas. This leads to Lydia deciding to help Nathan out and playing both sides of the fence. She has chosen sides, though, but has to be sneaky as she is gathering her information. If anyone found out, she could be in great danger.
Melanie Dobson puts so much detail into her books, like I've said above. I think that's what sticks with me as I read her books. She can make a topic that seems a little uninteresting become very interesting. She an author I tend to seek out when I know one of her books are about to come out. I have come to look forward to her books because she puts so much depth into her writing. This book required me to pay a little more attention to just because of the time period it was written in, I think. The romance is there, but there's so much more going on besides that.
To read more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/mdobson.
_______________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Summerside Press in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.





0 comments:
Post a Comment