Monday, October 28, 2013

Glittering Promises by Lisa T. Bergren

This is another book that I think has a stunning cover that must be commented on.  It is beautiful and sets the stage for the story inside.  I could hardly wait to read this book when I got it and made myself wait until I had finished a few other books first.

I am a big fan of Lisa T. Bergren's Grand Tour series.  I felt like I have traveled with the characters through Europe and have seen the many sights that they have seen.  I've been put back into 1913 and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I have yet to be disappointed from a story told by Lisa T. Bergren. 

One of my favorite parts of this book is the historical notes section at the end.  I love reading not only how the story came to be, but about the struggles that Bergren had in writing this book.  I also liked the history she shared about certain places and people.  I like to read this part first so I can understand more of the story and then I re-read it at the end so I can understand more after I had encountered these things in the book.  It does have a group discussion page too, if you are doing a book group.

Each chapter tells the perspective of a certain character.  Cora is embarking on a trip that is THE trip of her life.  She has a lot on her plate, from choosing between two suitors, building relationships with her new found siblings, and then there's the wealth that she has accumulated recently.

William loves Cora and really wants to be with her but struggles to get past the issue of her money.  I really liked getting to know the perspectives of both William and Cora.  I think it added more depth to the story.

The book itself is 443 pages long, so it's a rather long story.  It's a story, though, that shouldn't be missed!  I like that I've read the other books in the series because I've anticipated this book, but it can also be read by itself.  It is a beautiful ending to this series, in my opinion.  It has suspense, threats, love, and life-altering decisions to be made.  This book truly has a little of something for every reader.

To read more reviews on this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/lbegren.
_____________
About the book: Lisa T. Bergren's popular Grand Tour series concludes as Cora Kensington journeys farther into Italy, wrestles with a terrible ultimatum from her father, and comes to terms with the Father who will never fail her.
America's newest heiress must decide if her potential fortune is rationale enough to give up her freedom and all that God is leading her toward. And when her newly-discovered siblings are threatened with ruin, her quandary deepens. Then as Cora nears Rome, more journalists are tracking the news story of the decade---"Copper Cora," the rags-to-riches girl---and want to know more about her family and the men vying for her attention. Meanwhile, a charming Italian countess decides that if Cora isn't going to claim Will's heart, she might just 
try . . .
Purchase a copy: http://ow.ly/pvxTP
About the author: Lisa T. Bergren is the award-winning author of over thirty-five books, with more than 2 million copies sold. A former publishing executive, Lisa now divides her time between writing, editing, parenting three children with her husband, Tim, and dreaming of her next trip to Italy. She lives in Colorado Springs.
Learn more about Lisa here: http://lisatawnbergren.com.

 
_____________
I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and David C. Cook Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment