Monday, October 21, 2013

A Reluctant Courtship by Laurie Alice Eakes

A Reluctant Courtship, Daughters of Bainbridge House Series #3   -     
        By: Laurie Alice Eakes
I have looked forward to this book since I finished reading the first two books in this series, A Necessary Deception and A Flight of Fancy.  Honestly, I was hooked on the books by Laurie Alice Eakes since her Midwives series.  One thing that I love about her books is that the covers are so beautifully done.  It always gets me excited to read them because they catch my eye and draw me in right from the start.  Even the back of the cover is simple, yet artsy. 

This whole series has something for almost every reader.  It's full of both romance and suspense and twists and turns.  Honore Bainbridge has finally chosen which man she wants to be with and has no doubts about it at all.  That is, until she's given some new information that makes her doubting definitely seem reasonable.

I have always liked Honore for some reason.  She's the complete opposite of me, so maybe that's why--since opposites attract.  She makes me laugh when I think about her personality and try to describe her.  She is the opposite of what Lord Ashmoor needs in a wife, but they desire to be together.  However, the people that they need to support them the most don't seem to want to and have no desire for the two to become one.

I do think a lot of Downton Abbey when I read these books.  I think it's the era and how they are written.  Any fan of Downton Abbey or any of the other shows like it will definitely like this series.
__________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my  honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment