Friday, October 11, 2013

An Honest Heart by Kaye Dacus

After reading the first book in The Great Exhibition series, I knew I had to continue to read this series.  I was hooked on that book and was so excited to see the next one had already come out.  The same things that I liked about the first book are the same things that I enjoyed in this book.

Set during the time of the Great Exhibition during the Industrial Revolution, Kaye Dacus writes a book that I think is great for anyone who likes Downton Abbey or any of those other British shows.  

Romance is budding in this book.  We meet up with Caddy Bainbridge who is a skilled seamstress and is quite generous in making sure that she sews for those who don't own appropriate dresses whether it's because of lack of money or just finding themselves in bad situations.  She  has two men that are chasing after her love.  The decision is made more complicated because both of the men aren't being completely honest with Caddy.

There's another side love story with Edith Buchanan, who is wealthy and searching for a man with a title.  No other men need apply for the job of her husband.  

This is a complicated love triangle in which many secrets will be revealed, many twists are made, and the conclusion of the book leaves you feeling in anticipation for the next book in the series.  

Kaye Dacus is an author that I never knew I'd like until this series.  Now I don't think I'll ever pass her books by on the shelves!  Now I want to go back and re-read the first one again.
________________
I received this book free from CFBA and B & H Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment