
I am always thrilled when I find a new author that I thoroughly enjoy. It has been a while since I've read a new author and I haven't been able to stop thinking about this book. My 7-year-old son wanted to hold this book because of the cover. He wanted to read it because he was convinced it was a cowboy book. I had to convince him it was not a book about cowboys!
The setting of this book was absolutely beautiful to imagine. I could easily see it in my head. Angelina was one of my favorites. She is always speaking her mind and isn't afraid to live wholeheartedly. She had me laughing in certain parts. Colt is just a sweetheart. He gives up a lot to come home to his roots when his father needs him most. Even though he takes his duty to his father seriously, things aren't all perfect at home. He still has some issues that need to be worked out with his father. He still has hurt feelings and can't keep sweeping it under the rug.
This story focuses on Colt, but his two other brothers are primed and ready for a story all of their own. I really hope the other books in the series will focus on the other brothers. However, I hope that they will continue to update readers on Colt and Angelina.
And the best news for readers of this series? You don't have to wait long for the next book!
__________
I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment