
When I see a cover that I think is beautiful, I can't help but comment on it. I'm not certain what it is that is so eye-catching to me, but I found it so appealing. As I read the story, I think it depicted the story beautifully and simply.
Michael Phillips is not a new author to me. I really enjoy reading his books and the way that Michael Phillips writes. He does an excellent job at including just enough details to keep the story moving and interesting. I never felt like I needed the story to move along a little quicker, despite the length of the book. That was the only downside for a mother of little kids....it was a long book and I wanted to be sure to read every word!
I was so impressed with the amount of research Phillips had put into the book. I could tell that he had spent a lot of time researching the period, the language, the culture, and the time period. I knew absolutely nothing of the Shetland Islands, but I learned so much that I found I was hoping in the internet to get a visual of the place he was describing. Any fiction book that makes me do research, as well, is definitely a winner. That doesn't happen very regularly. It was a book that I didn't want to just check off on my list, but I truly wanted to sit and enjoy the entire thing.
This is the first book in his brand new series, so I am definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the books. I hope he keeps some of the same characters!
Read more reviews of this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/mphillips.
__________





0 comments:
Post a Comment