
Real. Honest. Life. That's how I would sum up this book in three words. Ruth Reid didn't write a cozy, comfy book that takes you to one emotion and leaves you. There were smiles and tears as I read this story. It was real and raw. My heart ached as Mattie experienced so much heartache. I say this book is real because I think we all have seasons in our lives where it feels like we are hit hard with one thing after another. I just came out of a season like that so perhaps that's why my heart ached some through this story.
When Mattie has something happen with her children and looses just about everything, my heart broke. That touched my mommy heart and I can't imagine going through all of that.I know that this story is fiction, but there were a few times where I had to remind myself of that fact. I was so wrapped up into the story that it easily felt like I was reading an autobiography!
Ruth Reid did an excellent job at connecting the readers to her words and capturing the hearts of her readers. That isn't easy to do with me always because I tend to have my reading time broken up and interrupted by children! For me to be able jump right back into the book and feel like I hadn't even left it was a neat thing for me to experience because it happens so rarely.
A Dream of Miracles is the third book in the Amish Wonders Series. I feel like you could easily read this book as a stand-alone, but you really don't want to miss the first two books in this series.
Read more reviews on this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/rreid.
_________________





0 comments:
Post a Comment