
I have read almost all of the books by Cynthia Ruchti and I think her books are getting better with each book she writes. I love how deeply she makes her reader connect to the characters and the details she goes into when giving her characters personalities. I could feel the pain Lucy was experiencing all throughout the book and the pain Charlie felt because he couldn't relieve hers by making her dream of teaching music hang on just a bit longer. I forgot how much she infuses humor into situations and I enjoy that about her. The passion that she gave Charlie had me laughing each time as I envisioned him passionately describing his new adventure.
Being a music therapist, I easily related to this book and loved reading it. It was beautiful and raw. It is what is happening to so many music and arts problems around the country. I don't know if she meant to or not, but she definitely is using this book to raise awareness about why the schools need these programs. However, being a therapist, I loved the opening chapter.
Song of Silence is a story about a dream that has become silent after so many years. It's about passion and music and pouring into the lives of children. That is, until plans are made and the music seems to stop in Lucy's life. She has to figure out her next step, her new passion, but doesn't want to bury the music. I love that in the end, her dreams is bigger and better than she would have ever imagined at the beginning!
Read more reviews on this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/cruchti.
__________
I received this book free from Abingdon Press and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.
__________
ABOUT THE BOOK





0 comments:
Post a Comment