Monday, May 30, 2016

Someone Like You by Victoria Bylin

Someone Like You
The cover of this book is what attracted me to this book. It is beautifully done with a lot of contrasting colors. It definitely catches my eye and made me curious as to what the story was about since I don't typically read the back of the book to find out. I like surprises!

It has been a while since I've read a book like this one. It is a romance, but not in the way that many readers would think. The characters have messy lives, like we, the readers, have daily. I say it's not the typical romance novel because there's an ex-husband involved and Julia is a single mom. Needless to say, she has her guard up.

Zeke, the man who has liked her before, now realizes that his feelings for her never went away. However, he has his own struggles to deal with. They each have to figure out if a relationship is possible and worth tearing down their walls or if they would rather leave them up and walk out of each other's lives. 

Messy. I like that kind of book because it is so relatable. In fact, it reminds me of conversations I've had with friends or acquaintances about their lives. 

I must say that I was a little surprised at the humor Victoria Bylin threw into this story. How wonderful it was to actually laugh in a book. Those are the books that leave you feeling good and making you wanting to pick it up and not put it down.

Read more reviews about this book at http://litfusegroup.com/author/vbylin.
______________
ABOUT THE BOOK
Someone Like You
Someone Like You (Bethany House, May 2016)
Single mom Julia Dare has a lot on her plate. 
A brand new Christian, Julia is busy trying to run her own business, spend time with her widowed mother, and raise her young son, Max, despite his father’s less-than-ideal influence on him. When a big account from her event-planning business sends her to the Caliente Springs resort, she’s shocked to come face-to-face with Zeke Monroe, the resort’s general manager and her college sweetheart.
With his faith in tatters, Zeke Monroe is determined to keep the historic Caliente Springs resort running despite financial difficulties. But when Julia walks back into his life, he can’t ignore the feelings she stirs up. As they work together on an important client’s dream wedding, the fate of the resort soon depends on their success. When Zeke and Julia are pushed to their limits both personally and professionally, will their history put up walls between them or bring them together?CTORIA BYLIN
Victoria Bylin writes contemporary and historical romances known for their realistic, relatable characters. Her work has finaled in contests such as the Carol Awards, the RITAs, and the RT Reviewers' Choice Award. A native of California, she and her husband now make their home in Lexington, Kentucky.
______________







I received this book free from Litfuse Publicity Group and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment