
The Atonement is a beautiful story of grace vs. works. Lucy thinks that she can work her way to forgiveness for her sins. She also thinks that God could never possibly forgive her for the sins that she has committed. She feels so unworthy of a young man she has long loved but who seems to have it all together. Then she meets an Englisher and realizes that she could possibly make the same mistake once again.
Restoration stood out to me throughout this story. I saw her struggle with forgiveness and especially with forgiving herself. However, the ending chapters were beautiful as you saw restoration in relationships and time redeemed. I also loved the story of the "couple on the bridge."
The characters were very easy to like and I enjoyed reading about each one. I don't think there was one that I disliked at all. I could feel the pain of her father and the fear of her mother, as well as the deep grief from Lucy.
Dale was a character that I respected. I was very impressed with him and how Beverly Lewis chose to write his story. I loved it.
_____________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment