Monday, April 1, 2013

Firefly Island by Lisa Wingate

Firefly Island, Moses Lake #3
I was hooked on this book from the first page.  There are many times when I have difficulty switching from one book to another and it takes me a few chapters to get into the book.  That wasn't the case with this book.  I found the storytelling in this book to be beautiful and captured the reader straight from the beginning.

There is an air of mystery surrounding Jack West, Mallory's husband's new boss.  Did he really kill his wife and child?  Where are they and why have they disappeared with no trace at all?  Why is everything so remote on Moses Lake?  Moses Lake, Texas sounds beautiful but the house seems to be lacking in feminine decor.  Something about stuffed animals on a wall watching over a shower is a bit weird!  

I liked how Mallory's romance bloomed with Daniel so fast and how the reader was able to watch their new marriage play out before their eyes.  You experienced the stress of a move and the newness of becoming a step-parent.  You saw the questions she had and the independence that she battled with.  I did laugh at her talking in her sleep and the things she talked about!  I also loved their honeymoon "suite" and how they tried to dress it up a bit.

I haven't read the other two books in this series, but now I plan to.  I can't wait to read more by Lisa Wingate.
__________________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment