
I am a big reader and am very surprised that I have somehow missed this wonderful author! I could not put this book down at all! I honestly don't know how many books Cynthia Ruchti has written, but I am planning to hunt down more of her books.
I really enjoyed how this book was written. I liked how it went from third person to 1st person and it told the story of 3 separate people. The thing that tied them all together was beautiful. It's amazing to watch God redeem our mistakes, no matter how big or small the mistakes seem. The time span of this book is from the 1890s to 2013 and includes they personal stories and struggles of Anna, Ivy, and Becky, along with their families. I was surprised at how I felt so connected to each of the 3 ladies and when the story would switch to another lady, I never felt like it didn't fit together.
I also liked the cover of this book. I was curious what morning glories had to do with this book and you definitely find out very clearly how the title of the book fits perfectly as the theme.
I look forward to reading much more of Cynthia Ruchti and can't wait for her to release another book. I wish I had discovered her sooner.
__________
About the author: Cynthia writes stories of hope that glows in the dark, merging her love for storytelling with inextinguishable hope for inexpressible hurts. Cynthia spends her days diving into words, worship, and wonder and celebrating 40 years of marriage, three grown children, and five outrageously adorable grandchildren. One of her greatest joys is helping other writers grow in their craft. To that end, she served as the assistant director and a faculty member of the Quad Cities Christian Writers Conference, has served as worship and devotions staff for the Write-to-Publish conference, and teaches at other conferences as opportunities arise. She speaks to women’s groups, at mother-daughter banquets, and for women’s refresher days and retreats. It is her delight to serve on her church’s worship team. Rather than “busy,” she likes the term “active.” For 33 years, Cynthia wrote and produced the radio broadcast The Heartbeat of the Home. The scripted radio drama/devotional broadcast aired on as many as 50 radio stations and two cable/digital television stations over the years. Cynthia was the editor of the ministry’s Backyard Friends magazine, a twenty-page, twice annual publication that reached 5,000 homes, churches, and parachurch outreaches.
About the book: For 33 years, Cynthia wrote and produced the radio broadcast The Heartbeat of the Home. The scripted radio drama/devotional broadcast aired on as many as 50 radio stations and two cable/digital television stations over the years. Cynthia was the editor of the ministry’s Backyard Friends magazine, a twenty-page, twice annual publication that reached 5,000 homes, churches, and parachurch outreaches.
__________
I received this book free from Abingdon Press in exchange for my honest opinon of this book.




1 comments:
Mommy T, you are an author's dream! Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book and do hope you'll check out others I've written. Another novel with Abingdon Press releases a year from now. It has a VERY interesting premise. :) My debut novel--They Almost Always Come Home--was a Carol Award finalist. I'm grateful it's still available from most book sources.
I'm calling it a night soon, and I'm so glad I have your encouraging words as among the last I'll read today. What a great thought to weave through my dreams!
Post a Comment