
I'm getting my Tracie Peterson fix! I just finished a book by her recently and was glad to find out that I didn't have to say goodbye to her books for long.
Part of the Land of Shining Water series, I got to learn about icecutting. I can honestly say that I knew nothing about it and enjoyed learning about it. I can only imagine how fascinating it was to research for this book. I found myself anxiously awaiting evening when I could curl up and dive into this book for long periods at a time.
The parts that stuck out to me were how devoted both Rurik and Merrill were to their families. You don't see that too often these days. I think that helped me like this book even more because it's what I hope my family one day becomes!
When Rurik's ex-fiancé comes back on the scene, I couldn't help but cringe and hope that Merrill wouldn't believe anything she said. I wanted Rurik and Merrill to be together and didn't want his ex to mess anything up with them.
I think the next book comes out later in the fall, which I know I'll be reading. I love the things I'm learning through these fiction books. The historical settings and their occupations are all so interesting to me.
_______________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment