
I cannot possibly say enough good things about this book. I have already recommended it to so many of my "mommy friends." I have been so encouraged and so convicted by this book. I had a hard time putting it up because I just wanted to soak in Susan Merrill's wisdom and ideas and all God had shown her.
I really liked how she went through Nehemiah and used wisdom learned from Nehemiah to glean parenting encouragement and wisdom. I had never looked at Nehemiah from that perspective before. I also liked how she gave her personal stories in little pieces throughout the book. I had many favorites, but I guess the top two would be the story of praying for God to drop children into her lap for her to adopt (and He did!) and the story of how she used her son's energy (that he used for trouble) and turned what was perceived a weakness into a strength.
I had truly never stopped to think about how I need to ponder about my children and their needs and what I am and am not giving them. It also encouraged me that the walls I build around them to protect them are not bad and other mothers do, in fact, have just as strict rules in order to protect their children.
This is a book that I will be recommending for many years and I know I will be reading and re-reading this book many times. This would be a great encouragement for moms if you're looking for a special Mother's Day gift!
_________
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers through their Booksneeze program in exchange for my honest opinion about this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment