Sunday, April 14, 2013

Roses Have Thorns by Sandra Byrd


I am a new fan of Sandra Byrd and these Tudor books.  I don't know much about Elizabeth 1, but I am now intrigued to learn more about her.  I never knew the thoughts that swirled around about her not liking women and flirting a lot.  I really liked the interview page in the back of the book that shed more light on all of the research Byrd did on this book.  It was fascinating!

In a way, this reminded me some of Downton Abbey, only in the many layers in which this story is told.  You hear the truth coming out in her room, you hear the scandal involved in her new life she left Sweden for, and you get to see the jealousy and the plot of murder by family that seeks to destroy the queen.

I am definitely going to be purchasing the first 2 in this series.  I have found myself thinking about her and longing to have more to read about Elizabeth 1!  
_____________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment