
This book came at the perfect time for me. It was hard for me to wait to read this book because the cover is absolutely beautiful. I love the cover and it was relaxing and inspiring to just look at the cover!
Glimpses of Grace helped put my homemaking into perspective. I struggle at times with seeing God as part of my full day in midst of the mundane chores. I know He's there and active, but I loose sight of Him when I'm doing things like dishes and the laundry. I focus on myself and forget to focus on other and have been guilty of wondering "when's my turn."
This book is very biblical and encouraging, yet doesn't water down the gospel and say that it's okay to continue on the path that we are on, whether it's getting angry over the little things or making idols out of our houses. I really like John Piper and Tim Keller, so I was won over when their quotes were used in this book, too!
I have already recommended this book to several mothers that I know who are really struggling through the mundane with little children. It was such an encouragement to me and I knew it would be for them, as well. This would be the perfect gift to give a young mom who feels like she's struggling.
_________
I received this book free from Crossway in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment