
Who seriously can't enjoy a good novel that is set in the west?! I'm a sucker for those settings for some reason. I love going back in time to see how they roughed it and learned to live with outlaws and so much more.
Karen Witemeyer is an author that I will be reading every single book by from now on. They are light-hearted books and in some ways, they remind me of Janette Oke's Wild West series. Those don't have as much humor, but they still left me with the feeling that I wanted to read them over and over again. She adds so much reality to her stories through her characters. Even the situations are very real. I appreciated one situation, which I won't spoil it for you, but that I think many people end up finding themselves in. I liked how she showed the temptations and the solutions.
Another thing that I like about Karen is all of the intricate characters she puts in her books. I learn so much about even the minor characters. I feel like I have a connection with whoever has come across the pages, which helps me connect the dots later when I see that name come up.
I'm a huge Karen Witemeyer fan and can't wait to see what's next. I know I'll be sure to get it!
___________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment