Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Grounded by Neta and Dave Jackson

Grounded, Windy City Series #1   -     
        By: Neta Jackson, Dave Jackson
Neta Jackson has been one of my favorite authors that I have read every book by Neta Jackson since her Yada Yada Prayer Group series.  I had a hard time saying goodbye to those characters in that series.  I've been so glad to see familiar names pop up in each of her different series that she has written since then.  In this case, it's the Bentley's.
 
The style of this book is written almost in the same style of the Yada Yada books, which is why I think I like it so much.  It has a lot of characters and the story tells you all about them in different points of view.  It was a book that I put off reading some because I knew that when I did, I would want to read the next book right away.  I couldn't, of course, because it's not out but I am definitely anxious to get my hands on it now!  I just have to wait until the parallel novel, Derailed, comes out in the fall.
 
Grace is a contemporary Christian music artist who also has a past.  She's had some tough times and I afraid of speaking about them.  This is where the Bentley's come in...as neighbors to Grace.  They love Grace and guide her and cover her with their prayers.  Ah...the Bentley's.  They are like the familiar face in a crowd.  I instantly reconnected with this family as they are now investing themselves in new lives.  They help Grace comes to terms with her past and not just stop there, but to continue on living without fear.  I want a neighbor like them!
_______________
I received this book free from CFBA and Worthy Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment