Friday, July 5, 2013

Love Stays True by Martha Rogers

Love Stays True, Homeward Journey Series #1   -     
        By: Martha Rogers

I think it's neat how three different authors that I have read back to back have all hit on the same time period and they have all been from completely different publishers.  I have really enjoyed reading the books about this time frame because I really haven't read much about it, except what you learn in school.  Martha Rogers is no exception to the other two authors in the previous posts.  She has done her research and has done an excellent job of telling the story between the North and the South.

With technology today, it's hard to imagine that time when you couldn't pick up a phone and let someone know that you were safe or coming home.  I would be a wreck if I had to watch every day for my spouse, just wondering if he was coming home or not.  I hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about that, but I have now that I've finished this book.  That's what keeps coming back to me!  Sallie is waiting to see if the love of her life is going to return or not.  Manfred just got released and is making his way back to Sallie to proclaim his love and see if she feels the same way.  However, it's a long journey.  (Another thing I hadn't stopped to think about until now.)

Rogers writes a beautiful story of forgiveness, hope, and true love.  It's not an over the top romance book, but she pulls the reader in and it feels like your heart is the one watching for your loved one to return.  There were some times where I felt like perhaps the war might have really caused more damage to people than what Rogers wrote about, but that is just my opinion.  Needless to say, I'm quite thankful I didn't have to live during that time!

The cover of the book isn't necessarily eye-catching to me.  It was a bit to crowded.  The picture of the house at the top was beautiful, though.  Perhaps it just needed to have that on the cover and not a bunch of other things.

I have read several books by Rogers and each book gets better. I'm excited to read more by her in her second book in this series, Homeward Journey.
________________
I received this book free from Realm Publishers and Booketeria in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment