
As soon as I got this book, I couldn't wait to read it. The cover made me want to get to work right away and simplify my house and make it look clean and fresh. I have read many of Sandra Felton's books and have enjoyed all of her tips. They are easy to incorporate and have kept me somewhat organized. I had not heard of Marsha Sims, but am now intererested in learning more tips from her, too.
I like their idea on a team approach. I think house cleaning would be so much more fun with friends. I actually did use this tip when we were staging our house to move and it was easier to let go of things because they would remind me that I didn't need to keep it or that it wasn't as important as my emotional self thought it was.
I also enjoyed the section on resisting the excuses for keeping things. I use many of those excuses and am trying to get better at it. I did some of their plan this week, in very small chunks because of my little children, but I tried to challenge those excuses with their ideas. It helped me realize I should just get rid of it. It felt so good and freeing to be decluttering.
Since I probably won't have 5 consecutive rows to declutter my house, I decided to take it in small increments and do what I can each week. I figure it still will get decluttered and I won't have missed time with my children.
The Manage Your Home chapter inspired me to label, label, label. I went through and labeled all of the bins for my children and am hoping to continue that in many other rooms. It was fun doing it with my son, too, because he's just now learning how to organize things and group things. Hopefully it will also make it easier for him to pick his things up. I still have a little more to do, but I think this tip alone is going to help me a lot.
___________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment