
This cover is probably one of the most beautiful covers I have seen. I knew right away, without even opening the book, that it would involve a beautiful estate overlooking water. It set in my mind the picture I was to think of when the estate was mentioned. I immediately could see this beautiful, breathtaking place that was almost indescribable in words.
I liked how the twists came even in the first chapter. When Emma's father would go missing for long periods of times, she thought it was to visit her mother's plot in the cemetery. I'll admit that I thought that, too. However, that was really the reason why he was away from the house so much. Once I understood the reason, I saw that they both needed to go away.
I'll also admit that I thought from the beginning that Phillip seemed like a good person for her to end up with. I mean, they were friends before he graduated and left their school, so why not pick up and continue that relationship. I appreciated the twists on this relationship, too.
I have read almost all of Julie Klassen's books and she writes with such beauty. She creates vivid word pictures so that you can easily envision yourself at that place at that specific time. She does a lot of research in her books and you can tell. She is not only telling a story, but telling a story of a real time in history. I think, for that reason, that is why most of her books tend to be a bit longer. I've come to appreciate that about her.
________________
I received this book free from Bethany House and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book. For more opinions of this book, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/JKlassen.




0 comments:
Post a Comment