Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revelation by Sue Edwards

Revelation
I have done another Bible Study by Sue Edwards and knew that I definitely wanted to do her Revelation study.  I love Bible Studies that make me dig in the Word and that have me figure out for myself what the text is saying. 
Revelation is a difficult book of the Bible to read and understand.  Her notes really helped and were very specifically placed so that you dug deeper yourself before consulting any other commentary notes.  I appreciate that in a study.  I feel like sometimes we get so used to being taught by people that we don't allow time for the Holy Spirit to stir our spirits and speak to us and help us see things the Lord wants to reveal to us.
Another thing that I like about this study is that it's perfect for those who are both beginner Bible study students or those who are more advanced and want to dig a bit deeper than just the basics.  I like to dig deeper, so I really enjoyed that section of the Bible Study.  I felt like it shined an even better light on the chapters.
Something I've never seen before in a Bible Study was a QR code.  You can scan the code and see little videos to get extra information on each chapter.  I think that is such a smart idea!  I've always had to purchase the videos if I wanted them, but I'm so glad that it was easily available for me to watch.  I also liked that it posted the time so I knew if I had time at that moment to watch it or if I needed to go back later to watch it.  I hope more Bible Studies add this to theirs.
__________
If you would like to purchase his book, go to http://ow.ly/hpLmf.

Join the online Bible study here.


Meet Sue:
Sue Edwards (MA, Dallas Theological Seminary; D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) teaches full-time in the Christian Education Department at Dallas Theological Seminary. She has more than twenty-five years of experience teaching, pastoring, and directing women's ministries. In addition, Sue speaks at retreats, conferences, and seminars across the country. She is the coauthor of Women's Retreats and New Doors in Ministry to Women, and the author of the new Sue Edwards Inductive Bible Study series.
For more reviews on this study, go to http://litfusegroup.com/author/SEdwards .
__________
I received this book free from Kregel Publications and Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment