Thursday, February 13, 2014

Beneath the Dover Sky by Murray Pura

Beneath the Dover Sky, Danforths of Lancashire Series #2   -     By: Murray Pura
This is one of my favorite series I've read in such a long time.  I am a huge Downton Abbey fan and these books remind me so much of my that.  It's written beautifully and is very engaging.  I have a hard time putting this book down because I don't want to step out of their world!  It's just so different from today and it's so much fun to imagine life back then.

One of my favorite things about Murray Para's writing is that he writes with so much history.  That's one of my favorite things to study and learn about and I love how historically rich his novels are.  This is my first series I've read by him, but I have already purchased his other series.  I just know they will be as good as these!

Beneath the Dover Sky is the second book in the Danforth of Lancashire series.  It picks up in 1924, just as Hitler has been thrown in jail and is looking toward being released.  He has quite a following despite being in jail and is working on releasing a book, in which the great theologian and German professor, Albrecht Hartmann is asked to write a book countering his.  Catharine and her son are given opportunities to move ahead in life and to never forget their husband/father, but to find a family again.

This book really focuses a lot on Catharine and her suitors, but it also involved her siblings, as well,  They each play a role in the making of history and have their own obstacles to overcome.

I like how connected I feel to the entire family, not just one character.  With not all of them under the same roof, I thought I would feel a little disconnected. I didn't though, thanks to their letters home.

I can't wait to read book 3 that is already out and to read his Snapshots in History series.

_____________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

1 comments:

Bekah said...

I'm so excited I found your blog! I will have to add this book to my "to-read" list. :)

Post a Comment