Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dare to Love Again by Julie Lessman

Dare to Love Again, Heart of San Francisco Series #2   -     By: Julie Lessman
I don't think that I have miss a single book by Julie Lessman and there's a reason for that.  She writes with such humor and attitude that you can't help but laugh throughout the book, even during serious scenes.  I never get enough of the Irish attitude!

Allison McClure had spunk!  Whenever her and Nick Barone (with a long e) were in the same room together, sparks and tempers flew.  I loved the scene with the hair pins and how imagination imagined that scene.  At first, I suspected Nick to be up to something and wasn't convinced his intentions were all that pure.  But that didn't make me like Allison's uncle any better.  I liked him by the last page and could understand his desire to protect his family, but for the most part he annoyed me.

The ending of the book broke my heart one minute and then made me laugh the next.  The cable car scenes were also pretty fun to imagine.  You can tell that Julie Lessman had a lot of fun writing this book.  I'm curious how much of her personality is in this book!  The characters are funny and real.  Meg was one that I liked because of her difference.  I hated that her friends couldn't see her beauty and love her for who she really was.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the Heart of San Francisco Series.
______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment