Sunday, February 16, 2014

With Autumn's Return by Amanda Cabot

With Autumn's Return, Westward Winds Series #3   -     By: Amanda Cabot
I have really enjoyed this series.  This is the third book in the Westward Winds series. Amanda Cabot puts so much emotion into her books, whether it's a little humor or a tough situation.  I feel like it tugs at me and I can relate to the characters and their emotions. 

I liked how Elizabeth faces opposition in becoming a doctor.  Attorney Jason and Elizabeth had a contrast view of what a woman should and should not do.  Jason holds the traditionalist view and Elizabeth sees how girls have a lot to offer and has a strong desire to help others.  Who would have ever thought that a patient is what would bring Elizabeth and Jason together.  However, can Jason change his mind about the roles of a woman before its too late? 

Elizabeth has the challenge of opening up her own practice in the middle of a community that doesn't think a woman should be a doctor.  Elizabeth has to show the community that she knows what she is doing and is very capable of taking care of the community if they would only give her a chance.

The thing that I appreciated most about this story was how Cabot wasn't afraid to write about brothels as patients for Elizabeth. I'm glad that she chose to use people who weren't necessarily sick just to show Elizabeth's kind and gentle heart.  She was a good example of how we all should be, despite people's background.

I am looking forward to seeing what's next for Amanda Cabot!
______________
I received this book free from Revel Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

1 comments:

Amanda Cabot said...

Megan -- Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm delighted that you enjoyed Elizabeth and Jason's story. As for what's next, I have a novella in Revell's first novella collection SINCERELY YOURS, which will be released in April, and then in October my first contemporary for them, AT BLUEBONNET LAKE, will be available.

Post a Comment