Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Praying for Boys by Brooke McGlothlin

Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most  -     By: Brooke McGlothlin
Boys are totally different from girls.  Even at such a young age, I have never seen so much energy put into one person!  Their interests are definitely different than mine and if I'm not on my knees every morning before he wakes up (or my daughter) and asking for wisdom and seeking Him, then I know I'm going to be in for one rough day. 

This book is such a practical and helpful book and one that I will be keeping beside me through the years and giving as a gift to the moms I know who have boys!  The first part of the book make you feel normal and that your son isn't the only one who goes from 0-50 in 1 second flat.  I can't help but laugh at the description of those creative little guys!  I love their hearts!  It's followed by a chapter on what prayer is and why we do it.  I love that she reminds people not to become legalistic about having their quiet time in the morning and offers encouragement to those moms who so desperately want one and feel like they have to squeeze it in.  I've been there and that was encouraging to read and I know will free other moms.

Then the specific prayers focus on things that we want them to know and learn to be a godly man.  Over the days/weeks, you will be praying for their heart change, obedience, fears, integrity, wisdom, pride, honor, pirating, a servant's heart, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, anger, forgiveness, and salvation. Who wouldn't want these things for their son (and daughter). 

At the end of each day, there are reflection or discussion questions.  These are fun to journal, too, which is what I did.

The book came out of her 21 days of prayer for sons challenge.  There is information in the back if you want to use this for a community study or an online study. 


Thank you for something to encourage moms of boys!
_______________
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment