Sunday, February 16, 2014

Traitor's Wife by Allison Pataki

Traitor's Wife    -     By: Allison Pataki
It has been such a long time since I've given any thought to Benedict Arnold.  I'm sure we studied about him in school, but I didn't remember much about him.  I really enjoyed all of the history that was in this book.  There was so much detail, but I never got bogged down in the historical information.  The story flowed easily in and out of the historical timeline.

I am very impressed that this is Allison Pataki's first novel.  She wrote so well that I never realized this was her first book until I read the biography on her!   I expect so many other great novels coming from her over the years.

This book focuses on the Revolutionary War. I liked the perspective in which she writes through her characters.  Clara, the maid, tells the story of Peggy, who is the 2nd wife of Benedict Arnold (of whom I knew nothing about).  I absolutely could not imagine being in Clara's place.  She knew so much information and I think I'd be terrified about the repercussions if someone found out I knew all that she did!

This has been such a great historical novel. It has a little romance,  little suspense, and a little history. In my opinion, this book has everything in it that makes a good book.
________________
I received this book free from Howard Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment