Friday, March 22, 2013

A Quilt for Jenna by Patrick E. Craig

I really enjoyed reading this book.  Since I really enjoy Amish fiction, I knew I had to read this one, too.  I think the cover on this book is beautiful, from the slick feel of the book to the glossy look of a picture of an Amish woman who is full of sadness and grief and a beautiful quilt.  

This is the first book in Patrick E. Craig's new series, Apple Creek Dream series.  I am looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.  A Quilt for Jenna had something for every reader, romance, suspense, and mystery.

My most favorite part of this book, which really surprised me, was the air of mystery that went from the beginning of the book to the end.  I normally don't like the mystery to be sustained and like to peek in the back of the book to see what happened (yes....I'm a bad reader!!!) so I can prepare myself.  However, I didn't look forward at all in this book and actually found that I enjoyed the mystery that surrounded Jenna's death and the story of the little girl and Reuben.  I liked how the story would tell the back story and history and then tell what was happening in the present and the urgency of the present.

I have never read anything by Patrick E. Craig.  I am very excited to read the rest of the series.
____________
I received this book free from Harvest House Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment