
This book had so many twists and turns in it that I found myself staying up quite late just to finish it! Just when I thought I knew something would happen to one of the characters, I was wrong. I kept thinking that their masks would be revealed earlier than when they were because they kept finding themselves in predicaments. I liked how she kept certain main details out of the beginning of the book. It lead to the suspense and intrigue.
I had a hard time figuring out the cook and lady's maid. I knew they were somehow involved with Lady Celine Wexham's side, but wasn't really for sure how or to what extent. I liked that their relationship with her wasn't immediately clear and that there was an air of mystery around her relationship with her late husband.
I think if I had to sum up the style of this book, it would be mystery, romance, denial, and setting aside hierarchy. If you like Downton Abbey, then you would most definitely like this book. It is set in 1813, but has the whole idea of the estates and Countesses and butlers.
This book is a Regency Romance novel and is set to have her next novel out in the Spring of 2014. I am anxiously awaiting her book. She has a wonderful style of writing that makes you feel like you're caught in the middle of two people who are socially forbidden from each other because of circumstances.
______________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.




0 comments:
Post a Comment