Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love in a Broken Vessel by Mesu Andrews

Love in a Broken Vessel, Treasures of His Love Series #3
This book is a beautiful picture of redemption and of how God brings something absolutely beautiful from something that seems like such a mess.  A biblical fiction novel, this book focuses on Hosea, a minor prophet in Scripture, and his harlot wife, Gomer.
God called Hosea to do some hard things, and this was one of them.  To imagine what he was thinking when God told him to marry Gomer!  I'm sure my first thought would have been, "Seriously?!" 
It took me some time to relate to Gomer but I was able to feel compassion for her as I thought about what she must have experienced in her life and what had led her to prostitution.  And how beautiful that God chose Hosea, a man of God, to pour out love on her, to look past her faults, and to help her see the God he loved and worshipped.
As you read through Hosea, you see this beautiful picture of us, His children, and how we are the harlots.  God still loves us and pursues us thought and longs for us to come to him, but we tend to give our attentions and love to anyone and anything but Him.
Mesu Andrews has painted a beautiful picture in my mind that I will always remember and think about as I read through Hosea.  She has such a gift to bring to life a book in the Bible that we think is sometimes hard to relate to.
_________________
I received this book free from Revell Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion of this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment